100 years in the making...

Tonight we celebrated my Uncle's [well, technically my mom's uncle's] 100th birthday! Can you believe that?! I mean seriously...living for a HUNDRED years!

He's lived through both World Wars, the Depression, and countless societal and technological advancements. And he's still going strong! =)

We celebrated with a 12 course Chinese dinner, very traditional and delicious. There were many things I had never seen before, but ate anyway under the advisement of my uncle that all of it is edible. I found out later that some of the courses included delicacies such as jellyfish and shark's fin. It was good, just different.

I came accompanying my Dad as a replacement for my mom who was unavailable. It was fun to spend time with the Chinese side of my family. Although we could not understand most of what was said, we understood the sentiment and I look forward to seeing them at another family gathering sometime soon!