Overcome evil with good...















I'm having one of those weeks were I question my faith in humanity.

I love Jesus. I have utter undeniable faith in Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and friend. I believe God is my creator and loves me and all of His creation.

However, His creations...people, people have been pissing me off all week. The inconsideration, critcism, belittling, selfish and mean spiritedness. It doesn't just make me angry, but it makes me feel sad and lonely. Like, I don't want to live in a world where people lack morals and common decency, let alone raise a family in it. I can't even find a guy who I think is worth really investing my love and trust to have a real relationship with. It's all so disheartening...

Then again...

My weakness is my own, in same way that other people's weaknesses are their own. Strength, realy strength comes from God. It's His Holy Spirit inside me that gives me strength. Maybe the reason why I feel so disheartened is because what I am searching for in people can only be found the warm presence of Jesus Christ.

I must rely on the Holy Spirit to not let the negativity of this world overcome me.

Paul says in...

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Romans 12:14-21 "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD.

...but where does this "good" come from? Certainly not from our inately sinful nature. Yes, we are capable of doing "nice" things, saying "nice" things, and keeping peaceful relations with other people. However, being "nice" is never the equivalent of being "good". Only God is truly GOOD! We must look to him as an example of what it good.

After all, Jesus came to Earth not to accept us, but so that we can accept Him. Jesus is perfect, we are the ones who are flawed and therefore, we are the ones that need to change.