A Trip Down Memory Lane...
















When I studied abroad in Cheltenham, England, we had no dining hall or meal plan to rely on. We were given, what I think was, a very generous stipend and were responsible to feed ourselves like true adults. This involved almost daily trips to Tesco-Metro, the local supermarket, or the favorite corner convinience store, One Stop. Unfortunately, most of us resolved to eating diets of frozen pizza, ramen, pasta, toast, etc... like all other college students. You could basically call us Carbivores!

Occasionally, some of us BCA students would get together for a more well rounded meal. We could always go out to eat, but we would also cook group dinners together and contribute to the grocery bill of the volunteering Chef.

The picture posted above is of a particular night when I decided to showcase not only my cooking skills, but some of my culture as well by making spring rolls. Something my family will make on special holidays, it's always a favorite! ^^ However, I conviniently forgot that making these little delicacies [like most Filipino food] usually takes a small army and is a process with 4 stages...prep, filling, wrapping, frying.

I had barely begun the second stage when the news and the smell of cooking had spread through halls. Before I knew it the kitchen was filled with hungry stomachs watching my every move. It worked out that even though the wait for food was longer than expected, we all bonded a lot during that time. And thankfully, they came out well and there was enough food for everyone! I think I did my momma proud and that night became a beautiful, fun and delicious memory! ^_^*